Saturday, February 26, 2011

Review: Boscia Luminizing Black Mask

I have heard so many great things about this mask that I decided to give it a try. This product claims to boost skin clarity and radiance, remove dirt and impurities and refine the look of pores. It does not contain any preservatives, and it is artificial fragrance and color free. Some of the ingredients are Vitamin C, Natural Clay, Pine Bark Extract, Witch Hazel and Rosemary Leaf Extract.
I purchased this mask at Sephora and it was $34 for 2.8 oz of product.
The way you use this mask is by applying it on dry, clean skin and leave it for 15- 20 minutes or until it is dry. The texture is very glue-like and it smells like eucalyptus but it is not overwhelming. When the mask is dry to the touch you gently peel off the mask from the outer edges. One thing I need to mention is that you have to apply an even layer or the mask won't peel off in one piece. In other words, if you apply a very thin or very thick amount you will have to peel it off in pieces.
The results: while my skin felt smooth and clean right after I used it, I haven't notice any improvement on the clarity of my skin. I did notice a lot of gunk stuck to the mask after I peeled it off, so I know it was getting rid of impurities. I can compare this mask to the Biore Nose Strips but for your whole face.
My thoughts: I did not like the feeling of peeling the mask off my face. I felt like I was ripping my skin off. It was painful to remove it, almost as painful as waxing. So, even after seeing some results my final question was: Does the end justify the means? I don't think so. I think there are other products out there that will give me the same results without the harsh method of the Boscia Luminizing Black Mask. This product is not for me.
Final score: C


0 comments:

Post a Comment