Monday, January 31, 2011

Favorites: January 2011

This month I have tons of great favorites. The reason: this blog! Ever since I started writing about what I'm liking at the moment, I have been experimenting more with my products and I re-discovered things I even forgot I had. But one thing is for sure, I am loving rose products this month. I know rosy chicks would be one of the trends for the spring, and I don't know about you, but I am so ready for spring. So without further ado, here are my favorite products of the month:

Urban Decay - Naked Palette: this palette has every neutral shade you need. It is perfect for traveling because it includes 12 eye shadows, a double ended liner in black and brown, and it also comes with a mini eyeshadow primer potion all in a very nice velvety packaging. The combos I wear often are Sin & Buck or Toasted & Hustle. I really love this palette.

Make Up For Ever HD Foundation: I have it in the shade #127. I love the finish of this foundation and how long it lasts on my skin (at least 8 hs). I do have to powder after 5 or 6 hours because I have combination skin, but I have to do that with every foundation. I think what I like the most of this product is how it looks in pictures. It photographs beautifully without shininess. It makes me look like if I have perfect skin....I wish :)

Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose: this blush not only gives me the perfect healthy rosy look, but it also smells like real roses. It is a little shimmery but not over the top. It blends really well and the color is buildable. The extra plus of the product is the packaging. I love the sleek black packaging that includes a big mirror, a mini brush and a velvet pouch.

Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer: I got this product as a 100 point gift from Sephora. It is a generous sample size of 0.5 fl oz or 14.7 ml. I use this as a highlighter in conjunction with Chanel Orchid Rose Blush and it is a match made in heaven. It looks very natural and glowy without glitter.

NARS Duo in Rajasthan: I wore a lot of neutrals this month and this duo has a very unique shade of neutral eyeshadow. The color on the left is a beige/gold/taupe color that looks really great by itself. I would compare this shade to Dalliance by MAC but a little bit darker. I wore this shadow on my lid and I used the dark green eyeshadow as an eyeliner.

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara: a second month in a row for this mascara. I liked this since I first used it, but I was very skeptical of the grow/conditioning properties. Well, after more than a month of using it religiously every day, I do see and feel my lashes in better condition. I can't really tell if they are longer. I really wish I took a "before" picture so I can make review on it, but I can honestly say that I found my holy grail mascara. I love it that much.

MAC Slimshine Lipstick in Long Stem Rose: continuing with my rosy pattern here, I am loving this lipstick and I am so upset that it is discontinued. The whole Slimshine line is no longer available. I really hope they bring back these products in the future because they are so glossy and moisturizing. Almost like a balm, a gloss, and a lipstick all together in one sleek little tube. Long Stem Rose is one of my favorites of the line.

MAC Blacktrack Fludline: I finished my L'oreal liquid eyeliner for my project 10 pan (updated status coming soon) so I searched my drawer for another black eyeliner and I found this. I forgot how great this is. I also thought it would be dry by now, but it is as creamy as it was the first day I bought it.

C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve: I'm loving this salve for my cuticles and my lips. It is so moisturizing and it smells divine. Another long time friend. I'm just so happy to get reunited with them.

and finally,

Clarisonic MIA: I purchased this a while ago and I used it daily in my night routine. I just recently found dry patches on my neck and the back of my hands. I decided to use the clarisonic to exfoliate those areas. It made a huge difference on the texture of my skin. I already got great results on my face, but I now use it on my hands and neck when needed. I would make a proper review on this product because I think it is an investment, but it is worth the money.





From Left to Right: MAC Long Stem Rose Slimshine, Chanel Orchid Rose Blush, NARS Rajasthan and Laura Mercier Luminizing Tinted Moisturizer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment