Saturday, January 22, 2011

Makeup Trick: Smokey Eyes

This is just a quick tip to easily achieve beautiful smokey eyes. I'm not a professional by any means, but I have tried many, MANY times to achieve a perfect smokey eye without having to put too much effort into it. This is the technique that works the best for me.

First, apply a black base to your eye lid area. My favorite is blacktrack fluidline because I don't have to use a primer underneath of it. Stop right at your crease and make a rounded shape (you don't have to be too precise). Add any shimmery eyeshadow you like right on top of the black base you just applied. Make sure the eyeshadow you pick is not too light. Then, blend the same shadow until you reach your brow bone. You can use a highlighter if you wish.

That's it! Apply your favorite mascara and voila! I think the secret is to choose a duo chrome or high shimmer dark eyeshadow that would make a good contrast with the black base. Here are swatches of the shades I wear the most and pictures of the final look.







What do you think? Would you wear this?

Let me know,

xoxo

Ruth

1 comment: