Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Review: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua

I purchased the original Chanel Vitalumiere a while ago and I hated it. It was way too greasy for my combination skin, it didn't have any coverage at all and it didn't last either. After such a bad experience with this foundation, I was very skeptical of the newer version of it. I was soooo pleasantly surprised when I got a sample of the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua that I had to run a get a full size of it. I really don't know why Chanel named this foundation Vitalumiere Aqua because it is nothing like the original one. The Vitalumiere Aqua comes in a plastic bottle, it has SPF 15 and it costs $45 for 30 ml or 1 Fl oz. It gives me a beautiful satin finish and it last for ever (at least 8 hours for me.) You need to shake the bottle really well before you apply it. The consistency is more liquid than your typical foundation and application is foolproof. I use my fingers and I get a beautiful natural finish. The coverage is light to medium and it doesn't feel sticky like the original Vitalumiere. I can easily say this is one of my favorite foundations in a long time. I use it as an everyday foundation because it is ideal for the daytime. The only down side of this foundation is the limited color range. They have named the pink based shades as BR and the yellow based shades as B. I got mine in B30 and it is a pretty good match for me ( I am NC 25/30 in MAC shades.) If you love foundations like I do and you are looking for a great everyday flawless look, get a sample of this foundation! Give it a try!

Final Score: A

I hope this information was helpful. Until next time,

<3
Ruth




Swatch of Vitalumiere Aqua in B30 Beige Sable


0 comments:

Post a Comment