Monday, May 2, 2011

Favorites: April 2011


Hello beauties! I am doing my April Favorites today. I am going to start with my favorite foundation of the moment (I have a feeling it will be a favorite for a long time)
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua - I have a full review on this product, but to make it short I can tell you I LOVE THIS. To apply this foundation I use a brush that is also a favorite.
Borghese Round Foundation Brush #104 - This brush is part of a set that is sold at Costco. I've heard of this set on Youtube. A lovely girl called Faith did a video on it and I knew I had to try it. She always recommends products that I end up loving, so I decided to pay a visit to my local Costco and give it a try. Let me just tell you that the whole set is great, but this foundation brush is AMAZING. It has a fine point so you can reach spots like the inner corners of your eyes, around your nose, etc. It is dense enough to blend the foundation very well and it gives me natural finish. This brush + Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua= FLAWLESS.
I am adding the link to Faith's video in case you want more info about it. She has the most lovely personality and is a total sweetheart.
http://www.youtube.com/user/FaithersK#p/u/6/l6PKQPBEPcc

NARS Blush in Madly- I have been wearing either really colorful eyes or bright lips so my go-to blush had to be a neutral. Madly is perfect to balance a brighter look. It's really pretty and natural, nothing that will interfere with the rest of my makeup.
DiorSkin Poudre Shimmer in Amber Diamond - I love this highlighter, it has just the right amount of shimmer. What I like the most is that I can use just one of the shades depending on the color of blush I am wearing, or mix them all together and get a warmer more dimensional color. Love it!

For eyeshadows I've been enjoying my MUFE Aqua Cream #2 and #18. I actully found two MAC eyeshadows that work really well over them. I love pairing MAC Smoke and Diamonds with the #2; and MAC Mineralize eyeshadow in Devil-May-Care with the #18.

From Left to Right: MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow in Devil-May-Care, MUFE #18, MUFE #2, MAC Smoke and Diamonds

For lips I have been loving MAC Lipglass in Lychee Luxe. It is a gorgeous coral with gold shimmer. I haven't heard much of this color on youtube and I don't know why. I think this is the perfect coral for the summer and it will suit most skintones.
Another gloss I have been wearing a lot is MAC Sweet Strawberry. This was part of the Hello Kitty Collection and unfortunately it was limited edition.
The last lip product is a lipstick. L'ancome L'absolu Nu in Cream Lace is a very moisturizing lipstick that almost feels like a lip treatment. It looks very glossy and it feels great on the lips. The color is a pink based nude with a little bit of shimmer. It goes with everything.



I hope you liked my April favorites. I am celebrating my birthday on May and I am planing to get a few items that are part of my loooong wish list, so expect a haul to come soon.

xoxo,

Ruth

0 comments:

Post a Comment