Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Birthday Haul! Sephora & MAC Surf, Baby

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing with you a Haul. Most of the items I got were in my wish list for a while and since it was my birthday this month, I had the perfect excuse to pick these items up. My first stop was at Sephora. I purchased NARS Cap Ferrat trio, this is part of their summer collection and I'm loving it! This trio is beautiful, the three colors are very wearable yet bright and pigmented.The other item I got was the Smashbox Double Ended Eye Beam. I was looking for a light eye pencil for my waterline and I've tried the Stila, MAC and other brands but they were too obvious on me. I wanted something to brighten my eyes without making me look like an alien. This one works for me, and the neat thing about it is that I also have a brow highlighter all in one.
I also got two freebies at Sephora, they gave me as a gift for my birthday the Philosophy Happy Birthday, Beautiful shower gel and a 500 points VIB Too Faced Palette. I have another post with swatches of these shades if you are interested, they are just amazing.





I attended the Pre Launch Party of MAC's summer collection Surf, Baby yesterday. It was very crowded so I didn't stay long but it was definitely a great party. I purchased 3 items from the collection: Strange Potion Lipglass, Surf the Ocean Crushed Metallic Pigment and My Paradise Cheek Powder. I haven't played much with them yet but they look great. I can't wait to wear them, specially the pigments, when I swatched them they looked like liquid metal, very shimmery and pigmented.
I picked up other MAC products besides the ones from the new collection. I purchased another Cleansing Oil because I just run out of mine and I adore this makeup remover. I got my first Cremeblend Blush in Something Special and two Sheen Supreme Lipsticks in Ultra Darling and Gotta Dash!


 













The last item I got was from my hair salon. I recently got a haircut and when I was leaving I've noticed that they sell Shu Uemura Products. I've heard so much about Essence Absolue Nourishing Protective Oil that I decided to pick it up. They only had the travel sizes so I got two of them. I am going to make a separate review on this product. It is a beautiful hair serum that deserves to be mentioned.




 That is all for now. I hope you are having a great summer. Stay cool!

xoxo,

Ruth

0 comments:

Post a Comment